Below is a link to my resume, including various media experience and background information. I have listed some of the highlights below for your convenience.
- Samford University – Birmingham, Alabama
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Journalism and Mass Communication, Print Concentration
- Projected graduation date: May 2015
- GPA: 3.78/4.0
CAREER RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Social Media Assistant and Guest Post Coordinator at (in)courage, part of DaySpring, a division of HallmarkIn charge of all correspondence with the (in)courage email account. Created and manages the Pinterest page and Instagram account. She is also in charge of the Facebook page (140,000+ likes) and Twitter account (93,000+ followers). As Guest Post Coordinator, she is head over all aspects of guest posts for www.incourage.me and also edits and schedules each main page blog post. Additionally, she writes for (in)courage, has been featured on the main page several times, and leads in many areas for the (in)courage (in)RL conference each year.
- Social Media Director and Managing Print Editor for Exodus – Exodus is a semi-annual publication covering Birmingham and its many facets. Kaitlyn wrote twice a month for www.exodusmagazine.com and also wrote the six-page feature story about Crestline Village in Birmingham, Alabama. She was head over all social media and ran their Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter pages. Additionally, she created and ran their Instagram account. Currently, she is in charge of brainstorming and planning each story for the coming magazine, Exodus Spring 2014, Issue 17, Number 2.
- Editor of Sojourn – Sojourn is a semi-annual literary and visual arts magazine that serves as a channel for the creative work of students, faculty and staff at Samford. It includes poetry, short stories, photographs, and artwork. As editor, she planned both publications from conception to publication. She reviewed each submission, edited the publication, and oversaw both the literary and the photography boards.
- Samford University representative at Student Leadership University – Samford chooses one male and one female from the student body to represent SU for five weeks at SLU, a one-week leadership conference for high school students. In her role of Speaker Coordinator, she coordinated logistics for transportation for speakers as well as worked on registration materials, gave presentations about Samford in front of 1,000+ students, and was responsible for gathering social media content each week.
- Published in The Samford Crimson (Newspaper)
- Managed Facebook page for High School Ministry at my church
- Designed and created flyers/promotional material for Chick-fil-A
- Assisted with community events with Chick-fil-A
- Chick-fil-A Team Member
PERSONAL WRITING EXPERIENCE
- Blogger at KaitlynBouchillon.com
With 500+ posts and 110,000+ page views, 5,000+ views just this past month, she is the sole writer for her personal blog. She also has blog Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram accounts as well as a Facebook page.
- Blogger of the month for Alabama Women Bloggers
- Monthly contributor at Brave Girl Community
- Monthly contributor at MoreToBe
- Dean’s List 7/7 semesters
- Samford University Ambassador for Howard School of Arts & Sciences
- Member of Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
- Member of PRSSA
- Abode Photoshop CS4, Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS5, Final Cut Pro X